Two-In-One

"Strr-o-k-e, strr-o-k-e it
shoulders-elbows-fingers
strr-o-k-e it
come on!

Are you breathing?"

Hardly.

"Heels-toes
pump, p-u-m-p it
come on!
leave your day behind
let your body go
let your body dance
dancing baby
come on!
Feel the cadence
punctuate
use your heels
syncopate
p-u-m-p it
curl your toes
release!
Endorphins."

Finding the right balance between work and play is a challenge. So this two-in-one is right up my alley. One hour, three times a week, a worldly instructor with the gift of gab and an international collection of music. Every single time, I mount my saddle in anticipation of the mix of the day. I stroke my bike, legs rotating smoothly, skin glistening with perspiration, and pretty soon, the feel good hormones take over. My body responds to cardio pulmonary aerobics, also known as spin. Here's an example of the music we spin to:


Seasons Greetings!

Mingi Love,
Mama Shujaa.

Comments

  1. heri mwaka mpya, mama!! salaams and love from A Town...xxx j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mpango mzuri wa mazoezi dada!

    Heri ya mwaka mpya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Swallow Me

See the World, No Visa Required

Kilimanjaro